Nikola Jovic, born on June 9, 2003), a Serbian basketball player, joined the NBA in July 2022, and was selected by the Heat with the 27th overall pick in the first round of the draft (the draft template is Bojan Bogdanovic/Greek Degree – Turkoglu), functional striker.
As a European player, when he was 19 years old, he already had very rich game experience. On the basketball court, you can rarely use the word fierce to describe a player with a height of 2.1 meters, but Jovic can fully bear these two words. The combination of height and combined ball is quite rare even in today’s basketball world where unicorns are everywhere. It can directly hold the ball and rush to the basket from the outside. Jovic’s mobility and movements on the court are simple and crisp, and his style of play brings a sense of speed and efficiency to people. He has a dislocation advantage in every position.
He averaged 28 minutes per game, with 12 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 0.7 steals, and 0.4 blocks. He shot 41.4% from the field, 31.5% from three-pointers, and 71.8% from free throws.
1. Has the attribute of space, can catch and shoot the ball and score independently.
2. There are various ways to score, sometimes struggling but able to hit difficult shots. Stay confident even through the lows.
3. The main scoring method is to catch and shoot, and he is good at using screens. With his physical quality, there is the possibility of developing organizational attributes.
4. The near-frame score is efficient.
5. Mistakes are a problem in more intense competitions.
1. More focused when defending without the ball, and can quickly bypass screens.
2. He is good at using his height to interfere with shots and grab rebounds. As a team defensive player, he can do many details. As a single-defense player, he still has a steep learning curve.