Malaki Branham, born on May 125, 2003), his hometown is located in Akron, Ohio, USA. He is a professional American basketball player. He will join the NBA in July 2022. He was selected by the Spurs with the 20th overall pick in the first round of the draft (the draft template is Victor Oladipo/Kris Middleton). He serves as a forward.
Location: F (No. 22)
Height: 1.96 meters / 6 feet 5
Weight: 82 kg/180 lbs
Team: San Antonio Spurs
School: Ohio State
Draft: 20th pick in the first round of 2022
Branham studied at Ohio State University, graduated from high school and was rated as a four-star high school student and the best player in Ohio. He received invitations from universities such as Alabama, Baylor and Iowa State, and finally chose Ohio State University in his hometown. Under the guidance of coach Chris Holtman, his scoring skills became more and more comprehensive. Reading ability is also gradually improved.
In his freshman season, he averaged 13.7 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 29.6 minutes per game. In the last 10 games of the season, he was in full swing. His scoring average increased to 20.2 points per game, and he was named the best rookie in the Big Ten.
1. When he first entered college, Branham mainly played off the ball, but with the gradual improvement of his personal ability, he became the team’s first ball-handler at the end of the season.
2. Excellent shooting ability. Jump shots after dribbling can be exchanged for 0.89 points each time, and jump shots after dribbling can get 1.26 points each time.
3. He has a strong body and is an efficient assaulter. He can score 1.23 points per shot at the basket.
1. Branham is a player who is willing to invest energy on the defensive end. His physical condition ensures that he has the potential to become an elite defender.
2. Excellent mobility on the defensive end, but there is still room for improvement in positioning and awareness.