Chet Holmgren, born on May 1, 2002), his hometown is Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. He is a professional basketball player from the United States. He joined the NBA in July 2022. He was selected by the Thunder with the second overall pick in the first round of the draft (the draft template is Porzingis), and he serves as a forward.
Location: C-F (No. 7)
Height: 2.13 meters / 7 feet 0
Weight: 88 kg/195 lbs
Team: Oklahoma City Thunder
Draft: 2nd pick in the first round of 2022
In his freshman season, he averaged 14.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists, and 3.7 blocks in 26.9 minutes per game, shooting 60.7% from the field and 39% from three-point range.
1. Holmgren’s height talent and athletic ability make him stand out in the paint. Despite his lean frame and lack of strength, he’s one of the most efficient finishers in college basketball history, averaging 1.68 points per shot around the rim.
2. He can also perform impressively on the perimeter. His spot-up ability makes him a matchup problem for opposing bigs. He’s shooting more threes than anyone else at his size and position.
3. His movement, ball handling and shooting are fluid and deft, and his basketball skills are more like a guard than a big man. While he’s not the most explosive and athletic offensive player, his ability to handle the ball gives him considerable potential offensively.
4. He is not good at finding open players on the move and jumping after dribbling.
1. He has an excellent height advantage and wingspan, and is good at timing. He can use the vertical height to block the opponent to protect the basket, and the defensive area is very large.
2. When switching to outside defense, he has amazing lateral speed in front of smaller players, which is what many inside rim protectors lack most.
3. Protect rebounding ability. His efficiency on the defensive glass is also rare for a shot-blocking player like him.