Blake Wesley, born on March 06, 2003), his hometown is located in South Bend (Indiana), USA. American basketball professional player, joined the NBA in July 2022, was selected by the Spurs with the 25th pick in the first round of the draft (the draft template is Taylor-Hiro/Byron-Scott/Jamal-Crawford/Nashaw En Hyland), the functional guard.
Position: G (No. 14)
Height: 1.96 meters / 6 feet 5
Weight: 84 kg/185 lbs
Team: San Antonio Spurs
School: Notre Dame
Draft: the 25th pick in the first round of 2022
Blake Wesley studied at the University of Notre Dame, and he made a major breakthrough in his freshman year. He showed great potential offensively and helped Notre Dame recover from an early-season slump. From a long-term perspective, he has the prospect of becoming a combo guard, but many of his technical moves are still a little immature, even rough.
Wesley has an above-average athletic ability, but his body is obviously not strong enough, and he is prone to struggle in stronger confrontations. His speed and length make him a good defensive potential, as a shooter, he has a lot of space to strengthen his defense and find a more consistent rhythm.
In his freshman season, he averaged 14.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game, shooting 40.4% from the field and 30.3% from the three-point range.
1. He can be regarded as a comprehensive scorer, capable of attacking both with and without the ball, and his speed and explosive power are at the elite level.
2. He has good vision and has the potential to be an organizer, but he is a scoring-first player.
3. Insufficient confrontation ability, which is a test for his final stability, and his scoring efficiency is low.
1. The defensive end is very active and is often assigned to defend the opponent’s best scorer.
2. My body is a little thin, and I need to gain weight after entering the NBA.